Re: modguile / apache

I'm at a startup (Oscar Technologies -- www.oscartech.com) and we tied
apache to an out of process guile based server.
Basically, we have an apache module that forks an executable linked with
libguile.
Apache passes all the necessary request information off to the
executable,
which then parses, caches and runs the file.  Finally, the executable
sends
back the results.
We also made a library that lets us run sql commands on an Oracle
database.

The system ends up being slow to start up because it has to start the
guile
daemon and load it's scheme libraries, but once it is running, it sticks
around until the httpd process is killed, so future requests are fast.

I am hoping to make it open source, but right now, our main focus has
been
on just building our service.

--Robin McCollum