Re: Examples of embedding guile

--- Derry Bryson <dbbuile@ta1.reno-onramp.com> wrote:
> I am beginning a program which will be a spreadsheet
> type program
> and I hope to use Guile as the formula/macro
> language (i.e. where
> the value of each cell would be a guile(lisp)
> expression).

Well, why reinvent the wheel?

Maybe SIAG (Scheme In A Grid) can fill this need and
if it doesn't maybe they will be happy to have a new
developer.

The adress is:
http://www.edu.stockholm.se/siag/

for the siag office suite and
http://www.edu.stockholm.se/siag/siag
for the spreadsheet component

The web page says that it support SIOD (another Scheme
interpreter) , Guile, Tcl and C but see for yourself:
http://www.edu.stockholm.se/siag/interpreters.html

If you are looking for example code that isn't too
overwhelming to understand I personnaly began to learn
Guile with Gnu Robots
http://www.gnu.org/software/robots/robots.html

Unfortunately documentation isn't one of the current
strenghts of Guile (but is being dealt with like you
can see if you follow the list (BTW congrat to all
those that are developing Guile)).

Hope it helps.