Re: New module system wishlist

> * support relative references within the module name space (so that a
>   module within a package can use a sibling module without knowing the
>   prefix of the module name)

I'm not convinced this is very useful.

Here are some more points (which you may have intended to imply by some
of your points):

* Easy to export the same module under several different names.

* Easily supports both compiled and interpreted modules.

* Compiled modules can by dynamically loaded or statically linked in
  (I think libltdl might provide this automatically).

* A convenient syntax for referencing bindings in modules that are
  loaded but not used (assuming this distinction exists). But maybe
  group renaming is a better solution to a similar class of problems.

* Ability to unuse a module (and have it get collected when there are
  no more references).

 - Maciej