Re: Trouble understanding define (!)

   > Now I just want to work out what these answers imply for the behaviour
   > of define-generic and define-method in GOOPS.

   I actually don't think these issues are connected.

Apart from the two cases that you mention below, which were exactly
the two cases that I had in mind!

   * class redefinition using `define-class'

   * importing generics from another module (should one binding of a
     generic shadow another with the same name, or should the module
     system create a new generic function, containing a union of the
     methods; I actually begin to favor the latter alternative)

But yes, in general, GOOPS does not interact with the module system
any more than any other part of Guile.

So once the usages of defined? are removed from define-generic,
define-accessor and define-method, would the usage be:

- define-generic and define-accessor unconditionally overwrite any
  previous definition (a la define)

- define-method raises an error if its first arg is not a generic
  function

?

Regards,

        Neil