Re: Examples of embedding guile

Lynn Winebarger wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Derry Bryson wrote:
> > Perhaps, however, while a GTK+ port to Windows would be very nice, it
> > doesn't help other platforms.  It doesn't help those using the Mac or
> > BEOS, or OS/2 or whatever else is out there (unless there is a GTK+ port
> > to their platform).  I think an approach using a cross-platform GUI
>
>      I think GTK+ will probably be ported once the mac support for gcc
> have been made integrated with some standard distribution (instead of the
> version available on Darwin).  My understanding is that they've heavily
> hacked the build process, and I'm not sure if there's any variation
> between what you get with Darwin vs.  what you get with MacOS X proper.
>     As for BeOS, as far as I know, the people porting free software for
> that platform (as well as AmigaOS) have a website at
> http://www.ninemoons.com/GG/index.html .  Doesn't look like there's that
> many of them, but I think they'd be the ones to contact about working on
> such a port.
>     I don't know anything about OS/2 development/porting efforts.
>     Is there any other free toolkit that _has_ been ported to all these
> platforms/has a hope in hell of being ported?

I am sorry.  I didn't intend to start an off topic thread on cross-
platorm GUI's.  I was merely responding to the suggestion that my time
might be better spent working on GNumeric and GTK+ for Windows rather
than my own scheme based spreadsheet (which may well be true).

I fully intend to use the wxWindows library (www.wxwindows.org) as my
cross-platform GUI.  If some would like to discuss this further, please
email me privately.  I will be happy to discuss it.  Perhaps my work
will
even result in guile bindings for wxWindows.

Sincerely,

Derry Bryson