Re: Trouble understanding define (!)

   * importing generics from another module (should one binding of a
     generic shadow another with the same name, or should the module
     system create a new generic function, containing a union of the
     methods; I actually begin to favor the latter alternative)

Unfortunately I think we have to do the latter.  Otherwise we have a
situation where two unrelated applications (but in the same Guile
process) can interfere with each other by adding methods to the same
generic function imported from another module.

The problem is, what depth of copying do we need from the old generic
function to the new one?  Is it enough to copy the methods by
reference, or do they need to be duplicated as well?

         Neil