Re: Python transformer for Guile?

Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net> writes:

> I have wondered exactly this for Elisp.  It seems like it should work:
> all you have to do (using the Elisp case as an example - I don't know
> Python) is branch the reader code at the point where it creates a
> LispObject for whatever it has just read so that it creates either a
> LispObject or a SCM.

I don't think the parsing of Elisp code is a big deal.  But it's
certainly possible to use the Emacs reader.

The difficult thing is the translation part.  I don't think we want to
have LispObjects in Guile's memory.  We would rather like the Elisp
code to be converted into code using Guile data types.  During this
translation, we need to take care of differences such as Elisp using
`nil' for false, etc.  Another major issue is how to support Elisp's
dynamic binding.