please see my message of:

  Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:18:28 +0900

and the follow-ups to it.

i am interested in writing something like this (along w/ participating
in the python translation project).  i'm a bit swamped right now, but
i intend to get around to doing this in the near future.

i am happy to work w/ others and if someone wants to go ahead and write it
on their own, i have no problems w/ that :-)  if something exists already,
i'd appreciate hearing about it as my original message mentions.

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@linux.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

> Is the following what you want?
> -> http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/slib_3.html#SEC54

i looked at this briefly, but i wasn't sure whether this could do all
that i needed.  i intend to look at it a bit more when i get the time
-- which i hope is soon.

two serious security holes in the span of a few days really drains my
time :-(