Re: Suggestion for strings.c

Michael Livshin <mlivshin@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:
> > Yeah, I guess so.  However, Kawa also has:
> >         (define-alias NAME LVALUE)
> > which makes `NAME' equivalent to `(TMP)', where:
> >         (define TMP (location LVALUE))
>
> if I understand you right, your "alias" is a identifier macro.

Yes, I believe define-alias can be implemented using identifier
macros, though note that define-alias in Kawa works both at top-level and
as an internal definition.

> there is at least one portable Scheme macro system that supports identifier
> macros (syntax-case).

Identifier macros don't seem to be mentioned in the "Chez Scheme
User's Guide" (http://www.scheme.com/csug/index.html), which is
surprising given that Dybvig (co-)designed syntax-case.
--
	--Per Bothner