Re: engineering an opposable thumb for guile?

val> I'd like to ask people here to look at the specifications of
val> pack/unpack routines in python and perl and to suggest which features
val> seems to be useful for guile.

here are some links to online documentation for the routines under
discussion:

python (struct)
---------------

  http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-struct.html

perl (pack/unpack)
------------------

  http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlfunc/pack.html
  http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlfunc/unpack.html

mike> just to remind: think "SRFI" here, not "Guile".  portable
mike> specifications (and portable implementations) benefit all the
mike> Scheme community, not just the Guile community.

concerning submitting a srfi proposal, we have to come up w/ a
proposal first, right?  is this list an appropriate place to discuss
things w/ the end result being a proposal?  if so, perhaps it will
help to read the following:

  http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-process.html

(or was i the only one unfamiliar w/ srfis?  ;-) )