Re: GOOPS plans regarding previous email of mine

Craig Brozefsky <craig@red-bean.com> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> > While LISP is "centered around" symbols, Scheme is centered around
> > objects.  Because of this, the GOOPS MOP will change to also be
> > centered around objects.  E. g., slots will no longer be identified by
> > a name, but by a slot definition object.
>
> I don't quite understand the distinction between symbols and objects
> that you are making above.

After reading thru some older parts of this conversation I think that
I have an uneerstanding of what you mean by the distinction between
symbols and objects in lisp and scheme.  I was thrown off by the use
of the word "slot-definition-object" and did not consider the
differences between a module system like in guile, and the Lisp
package system and the way that Lisp reader works, as opposed to
Scheme.

Feel free to ignore the rest of my previous post if you feel its too
far off topic.

--
Craig Brozefsky                      <craig@red-bean.com>
Free Scheme/Lisp Software  http://www.red-bean.com/~craig