Re: New module system wishlist

Lalo Martins <lalo@hackandroll.org> writes:

> This is actually probably a wish on the environment system...
>
> - Sub-namespaces and Acquisition.
>
> This is a generalization of a concept used in Zope. The idea is
> that you have an hierarchy of namespaces, say

> A symbol defined in A is visible in any of the namespaces. A
> symbol defined in B, D or E is only visible in that namespace.
> A symbol defined in C is visible in C or D.

Yes.  Environments already support this feature. If you
set the export-signature to #f, an export-environment
exports all symbols.  If you connect D's import-environment
to the export-environment of  C and E, you'll get the
desired effect.

And the module system should support it, too.
From an old discussion:

5. More than one module per file with nested modules

Definition: A nested module is a anonymous module which is contained
in another module and doesn't have an import clause.
[...]
(don't look at the examples I've given, they're ugly.)

Jost