Re: Loadable scheme object code

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> Do people think this is a good idea?  Or is there any problem?

I think this is a good idea, but I wouldn't consider it to be worth
implementing, because it is not going far enough.

You will at least want to save the memoized form of the code.  I would
want to further modify the current representation of code to be
position independent and mostly read-only (that is, no relocations
should be done at load time).  Then we can just mmap a file and let it
page in when the evaluator runs down the code words.

There has been already some material posted to this list about this
kind of issues.  If you have trouble digging it out from the archive,
I could try to find it for you.

- Marius