Re: A module system should resolve, not introduce, name conflicts

Christian Lynbech <chl@tbit.dk> writes:

> Marius> ... the configuration language is contained in just another
> Marius> name space named "module-system" and it works like any other
> Marius> name space.  Structures (and interfaces) are contained in name
> Marius> spaces as well, ...
>
> Very exciting. This means we could also separate variables and
> functions into separate namespaces, just as in CL or elisp.
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist :-)

Hehe, yes, I think I have used confusing terminology over the course
of this discussion.  In case there are any doubts left: no, we could
not separate variables and functions with this module system in the
sense that we can have a function and a variable with the same name
visible at the same time and be able to distinguish them.  Scheme just
doesn't work that way.  (Indeed mixing the terms function and variable
doesn't really work eithher, you could mix functions and numbers or
variables and macros, but not functions and variables).