Re: Goops and the module system

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> > If the REPL can move between modules
>
> Umm, no, it can't.  But that's a diffetent thing.  There's exactly
> one REPL per module.  A TCL module may have a different REPL
> than a normal scheme module.

As far as I know, we have not yet defined how the multi-language
support is going to look like, so you should add that this holds in
your proposal (which you don't refer to).

It seems to me that there's going to be one Scheme REPL and multiple
Scheme modules, so the concept of the REPL moving between modules
seems valid.

When you say "[there's] one REPL per module" you probably mean that
each module specifies which REPL should be used when inspecting it.
Since Guile is supposed to translate other languages into Scheme, it
seems to me that it could be useful to inspect such a module both
using a source language (like TCL) REPL and a Scheme REPL.