Re: About modules

Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@cs.uu.nl> writes:

> dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de writes:

> > > Deal -- Jost, can you send me the patches -- I'll get to this over the
> > > weekend, I expect.
> >
> > Hmmm... what about Han-Wen Nienhuys' patches?  These will probably
> > require a lot of changes.  Since they are probably against a fairly
> > current cvs, it might make sense to put those into guile first.
> >
> > Han-Wen, what's the latest news?
>
> It compiles and it works, but I haven't fixed all casts in all of
> GUILE, and I didn't run any testsuite (is there one?). In any event,
> you can put in the current changes, and choose not to define
> SCM_VOIDP. That should not modify guile behavior in any way.  Maybe
> I'll have some time to finish it this weekend. No promises, though.

Yes, there is a test-suite that's now part of guile-core.  From the
libguile subdirectory, I run this script (called `run-test'):

#!/bin/sh -
# Run the guile-test script using the guile binary from this directory
cd ../test-suite
../libguile/guile -e main -s guile-test "$@"

Note that the test-suite is far from a complete regression test (and
additions to make it more complete are most incredibly welcome), but it
does almost ensure that something terrible didn't break unexpectedly.

Greg