Re: About modules

Hello,

You mentioned that you're environments patch will break the gh
interface.  Is there a summary someplace of what is broken?  (I'd
guess that stuff like gh_scm2long, and gh_long2scm are OK, but
gh_define is broken).

Is it easy to leave the existing gh_ calling sequences along and
define the new names for the new (preferred) gh_calls?  Then the
current names could be marked as deprecated (and probably removed from
gh.h).  This would keep existing code from breaking, but would
encourage the use of the new functions.

If it's not easy, then I'd rather see the gh_ stuff change and get
the new environment patchs than wait any longer on environments.

Thanks,

Clark