Re: 1.3.6?

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg J Badros <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

Greg> My concern is for changing strategy; when 1.3.6 is out, I'll
Greg> imagine everyone will upgrade to it.  I feel that there is a lot
Greg> more testing that needs to be done before I'd be confident
Greg> saying it's at least as stable as 1.3.4.  (In particular, I
Greg> don't use cvs guile with Scwm, yet, and the "regression" test is
Greg> *far* from complete).

Greg> I'd like to release Cassowary-0.60 and Scwm-0.99.6.2 (over the
Greg> weekend, I hope), and then get a week to use Scwm w/ cvs guile
Greg> and see what problems come up (and hopefully fix them) before
Greg> releasing 1.3.6.

I also (as a user) feel that the CVS guile is less stable, than
1.3.4. I'm just afraid, that including principally new features (the
new environments and goops) to it will make it even less stable, and
for longer period of time. Probably, the fork in CVS branches is the
right (temporary or not) decision in this situation.

By the way, why not to declare the future version (with GOOPS
included) the 1.4.0 release :) ?

--
Best regards,
	Valentin.