Re: [Re: [Emacs with Guile]]

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> Ariel Rios <jarios@usa.net> writes:

> It sounds great.  So we can use Glade to design a GUI, and then
> control it by writing scheme scripts?  If the scripts could be
> easily executed within Emacs, I guess it would further help people
> to write GUI applications.

Exactly. We can add a gnomified GUI for emacs in addition
to the ones we currently have.This can attract more user to emacs.

> I don't know about Bonobo more than it is a document system.
> Could you let me know how it works with Guile?
"Bonobo is the GNOME architecture for creating reusable software
components and compound documents.

The implementation of Bonobo as shipped is designed to make the process of
using and interacting with components very simple: our goal with the GNOME
implementation of the Bonobo interfaces was to enable the GNOME/Gtk+ user base
to become productive with Bonobo in little time. Thus, Bonobo is designed to
be simple to us"

Ariel