Re: Emacs with Guile

--- Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> wrote:
> You're right.  But I have noticed that the attitude
> towards language development seems to go through
> different phases. In the beginning I
> was thinking about all useful things which I wanted
> to add.  Now I feel it just as important to remove
> things.  :)

You mean:

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when
there is nothing left to add, but when there is
nothing left to take away."
St Exupery

When I saw your sentence I thought about it but
thought it was one of the Scheme original authors that
said that (because it fits well with the philosophy of
Scheme I think).

Of course that doesn't mean that Guile shouldn't have
a lot of feature, but IMHO it means that the language
itself should be kept clean, the other features being
implemented on top of it.