Re: Various stuff

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:
>
> In this case, we should be very careful with releaseing 1.4 too soon.

I agree with this.

> I think it is important to do the systematic revision of the
> interfaces we've been talking about.  Currently, much of the Guile
> interfaces are of an arbitrary hackish character, with very little
> thought behind.  It would be really sad if this was permanented.

However, I would like to clarify that I did not mean that I think
every interface in 1.4 should be declared permanent; just that we need
to have bugfix releases that don't break old interfaces. It would be
fine if we changed stuff for 1.5 or 2.0 or whatever the next release
is.

 - Maciej