Re: generational GC

    Michael> * the immediate plans

    Michael> I'll fold in the chunklets and the explicit mark stack in
    Michael> the near future, unless there are complaints.

Sorry, but I have to ask.  How's this going to affect performance?
I've seen all sorts of arguements that GenGC will speed things up, but
is it possible that the write barrier code will slow things down?  I'd
imagine that chunklets and the mark stack cause make the code less
local so there are more cache misses.  Does that have a big affect?
This is not criticism, it just seems like GenGC is a lot of work
unless "certain" to make guile faster.

Probably Greg Harvey knows all of the answers!

Cheers,

Clark