Re: cross-compile: patch for configure.in

On Saturday, 25 March 2000, Kalle Olavi Niemitalo writes:
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > But we still need a patch that goes like:
> >
> >   -AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(int)
> >   +AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(int, $ac_cv_sizeof_int)
>
> That is not necessary.  I just checked this by running a trivial
> configure script with CC=i386-gnu-gcc.  If $ac_cv_sizeof_int has
> been defined, AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(int) uses that value and doesn't
> complain about being unable to run the test.

Ok, I'll try that.

Urg, this look like magic.  The manual doesn't mention it, and I
verified that you do need to specify the default:

   , $ac_cv_sizeof_int)

if you use SITE_CONFIG, and are not cross-compiling (ie, use cc).

I don't like magic.

Greetings,

Jan.

--