My new job at Go2Net

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to report that as of two Mondays ago I've started working in
"the real world."  I anticipate completing my Ph.D. by June 1, 2000 at
the very latest, at which point I will be working full-time at Go2Net.

From the "About Go2Net" page:

"Go2Net (http://www.go2net.com/) is one of the Internet's leading
 networks, providing consumer services, business services, and enabling
 services. The company offers through the World Wide Web a network of
 branded properties and aggregated content in the categories of search
 and directory, personal finance, multi-player games, small business
 services and ecommerce solutions. The company also develops Internet
 technologies for its own network and for license to strategic
 partners. The Go2Net Network SM is home to many of the Internet's
 leading vertical destinations, including: MetaCrawler ®, Silicon
 Investor SM, the HyperMart Network ®, PlaySite SM, Dogpile SM and
 100hot ®. Media Metrix ranks The Go2Net Network the 12th most
 trafficked network on the Internet (January 2000)."

Go2Net has about 430 employees, and is based out of Seattle, Washington
USA (this summer we're moving to a great location at Pier 70 just at the
north end of downtown).

My job there is "Chief Technical Architect" which encompasses a broad
range of responsibilities and is guaranteed to be plenty exciting for
the foreseeable future.

I do plan to remain active with both Scwm and Guile development, and
have received disclaimers of interest from Go2Net regarding that
software (as well as one for my Cassowary Constraint Solving toolkit).
My time is short for the next two months while I'm working part time and
finishing my thesis, but I will have some time to continue to be an
active free software contributor.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for full-time employment in the
Seattle area in the coming months and might be interested in Go2Net, I'd
be happy to talk with you about why I think it's a great place and see
if there might be an opportunity for you to work at Go2Net.

Thanks,
Greg J. Badros
gjb@cs.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  USA