Re: again: scm_internal_dynamic_wind

On 31 Mar 2000, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> It is better to use void * since it is intended to support generic C
> code.  It is very often used to point to C structs.

This means, that scm_bits_t and SCM will always have to use a C type that
will be of the same size as pointers:  Guile guarantees, that a pointer
can always be packed into a scm_bits_t value, without loss of
information.  According to your statement, guile also guarantees, that a
scm_bits_t value can always be packed into a void*.

I don't claim that this is a bad idea, it's just something that we should
be aware of.

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann