Re: Syntatic sugar and identifier permissivity

Lalo Martins writes:

   (print foo,bar)

   is equivalent to

   (print (slot-ref foo 'bar))

   Another possibility is the apostrophe - foo'bar - either way
   looks better than what we have.

I accept that some people have supported this proposal, but I think
that it's a matter of opinion whether this looks better.  For me, it
doesn't.

One of the best things about Scheme, for me, is its comparative lack
of syntactic sugar.

   Neil

(I read this quickly this morning before going to work.  On the train,
it occurred to me that you had probably sent this on April 1st, and
hence that it was a joke - after all, what could be funnier than
proposing syntactic sugar to a band of religious parenthesis lovers?
But the message date is actually 3rd April, so I presume you're
serious.)