Re: Syntatic sugar and identifier permissivity

Lalo Martins <lalo@hackandroll.org> writes:

> Look at sawmill (and actually a lot of GNOME projects) to learn why
> people don't use Guile.

John has said that the main reason why he didn't use Guile was that he
didn't know that it existed.

> is Guile lacking focus or not? (Or see my other post for the cartoon
> analogy)

It depends on what you mean by "focus".  (Could you give an example of
unfocused development activities?)

I think we have a clear sense of where we want to go, but few skilled
people who can and will do it.  What instead often happens is that
someone needs some kind of support in Guile and contributes it.  This
may give an appearance of not focusing, but is better than not
accepting such contributions.