gdb and guile

I just cannot figure how to make the two work together...

The gdb sources more than hints a guile support, and guile contains a
fair amount of code to support gdb debugging. However, the two does
not seem to come together. guile wants to use a language called
"lisp/c" while the closest I get with gdb is "scheme".  If I do set
lang scheme, gdb complains about missing scm_lookup_cstr. This
function is decleared in libguile/debug.h but never defined. On the
other hand, guile has gdbint.c and friends.

Am I fooled by two unfinished interfaces, either of which really makes
it or do I miss some lines in my ~/.gdbinit?

	Thanks,
	Ole