Re: (Meta) Guile and direction

Eric Moore <moore@chem.cmu.edu> writes:

> Seems to me that all the development that is being done is towards
> making guile a general purpose extension/scripting language.  (but
> still basically scheme).  The module system is needed to do this,
> it's being worked on, goops will help support a wider variety of
> programming styles, the re-working of SCM and the gh_ interface to
> be less error-prone for extension programmers is towards this goal.
> Performance improvements (genGC, the new FP stuff) all work towards
> this goal.

Correct.

I admit that I put my own Guile project (SART - the 3D system based on
Guile) on hold because of the convergence of changes that should land
within the next version or two.

But I didn't do it because I perceive guile as a moving target.
Rather, I did it because I think that the final picture is now
becoming clear, and while it will be different from what we presently
have, it will also be radically cooler.

So I actually enjoy the wait. :)

--
How to eff the ineffable?