Re: How to enable a backtrace report?

Diego Dainese <ddainese@dsi.unive.it> writes:

> I'm a newbie: I would like to enable backtrace report when running
> non-interactive scripts (using the -s option); as far as I can tell
>
>   (debug-enable 'backtrace)
>
> works only when guile is started in interactive mode.
>
> Thanks in advance,

You're asking a very relevant question.  There should of course be a
command line option for this.  I'll see if I can add such an option
to Guile later tonight.

Meanwhile: The reason why you don't get a backtrace is that scripts
normally run the "normal" (fast) evaluator.  In order to get a
backtrace, you should enable the debugging evalutor.  You can enable
both options, by placeing the following line in your script:

  (debug-enable 'debug 'backtrace)

Best regards,
/mdj