Re: Newbie again. Oracle. DLL calls

Yes.  Just as an application that talks to oracle can be put under a
proprietary copyright/license it can be put under the GPL.  Witness the
interfaces present in python, php and perl (but don't try to learn anything
from the perl module).  The php module is well written and is a good read.

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.