Re: Problems with Guile under Win32

> Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:07:07 +0100 (BST)
> From: David Vrabel <dv207@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
>
> I successfully compiled Guile using Cygwin and encountered 3 problems
>   1. filesys.c uses fchown which cygwin doesn't have.

The CVS version now checks for fchown and omits the functionality if
it's not available (which is no great loss).

>   2. boot-9.scm attempts to get a user's home directory with getpw.  This
>      fails on Windows 9x (it may succed on Windows NT but I haven't tested
>      it).

I'll fix it soon.  The current behaviour when searching for .guile seems
a bit strange.  A work-around is to make sure $HOME/.guile actually exists
(or /.guile if $HOME is not set.)

>   3. and-let*.scm is an invalid filename.

This has been noted in the past, but renaming the file causes some
problem apparently.