Re: Suggestion: SCM_DEBUG_REST_ARGUMENTS (fwd)

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> Thus, should scm_append always have to check whether 'args' is actually a
> proper list, just because broken user calls from the C level might provide
> stupid parameters?

This is not directly related to your suggestion, but I think it might be
good if there were some debug flag that enabled the following macros:

#define SCM_CAR scm_car
#define SCM_CDR scm_cdr

This kind of type checking is helpful during development time, and after
testing, we can just turn off the flag for efficiency.  How about turning
on all flags by this?

#define SCM_DEBUG 1

And I can compile my application by "make CFLAGS='-DSCM_DEBUG=1'" or
just "make debug" while debugging...

-- Kei