Re: Gen GC?

silovic@zesoi.fer.hr writes:
> Guile will also leak if smob free routines lie about the ammount of
> memory freed. In that case, GC will work and won't leak, but won't be
> called often enough as Guile gets fooled into thinking that there's
> enough spare heap.

My smob free() routines lie, but so do my alloc routines: I don't use
scm_must_malloc (), but use the C++ new operator, and return 0 from
smob_free().

I lie because some of the smobs are base classes, and one can not tell
the real class of an object from within the constructor.  Would it
help if I lie a little less about the sizes?

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys, hanwen@cs.uu.nl ** GNU LilyPond - The Music Typesetter
      http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/hanwen/lilypond/index.html