Re: Sharing Guile source

    Miroslav> Perhaps it could be a good idea to write a module management utility
    Miroslav> (as a Guile script, for instance) that'd get installed with Guile
    Miroslav> (xemacs has it, so...)
    >>
    >> Please keep in mind easy generation of Debian and RPM packages from
    >> them.  I think that the Debian package manager's system of requires,
    >> suggests, enhances, etc. is something it will need.

    Michael> how does the XEmacs package system integrate with Debian?  does it
    Michael> integrate with it at all?  I'd look myself but I still run Debian
    Michael> 1.3...

 It's not set up for it at all.  I looked, six months ago or longer,
 and very briefly, at creating packages of the lisp modules in the
 cvs.xemacs.org[1] `xemacs-packages' repository, and found that it will
 require quite a lot of work... (mainly because there's so many of
 them)

 I have not researched it much yet.  Before I can give you much of an
 answer, I'll have to do that.

    Michael> your input will be very valuable, because the problems look very
    Michael> similar.

    Michael> does the XEmacs package system support binary (dyn-linked) code in
    Michael> packages, or is it Lisp-only?

 I don't know yet.

 I will take some time today to look it over and write up a report for
 yous, which I'll mail to the list.  I'm waiting on a phone call -
 might work today (I am flat broke and am going to temp for a while),
 if so, I'll have to do the research/report this evening - but I'll
 start on it right now.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://cvs.xemacs.org