Re: Suggestion: new snarf macro set

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> Okay, this is my third suggestion of the new snarf macro set:

Sorry, but I want to pull the break here.

While your suggestions are very good, we now have several major
changes to Guile in front of us, several of them which may alter the
prerequisites for your designs, like the environments and the
integration of GOOPS with its C API to name a couple of examples.

Application writers out there are already complaining that Guile is in
a constant state of flux.  This is of course has some good sides...,
but we really should minimize changes to Guile interfaces.

So, while the Guile maintainers are strongly dedicated to cleaning up
Guile's interface, this is not the time to do it.  Right now, we need
to focus on those major things that will complete Guile's first phase
of development:

* Guile reference manual

* The environments

* The module system

* The hygienic macro system

* A good solution to loading code fast

* The compiler

* The integration of GOOPS

* The POSIX threads support

A major revision of the interfaces is planned, but let's be
conservative with such changes until the picture has become more
complete.

Could you summarize your proposal?  Then I'll put it in the `devel'
directory for later use.