Re: compiling syntax and macro

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> The long-term plan is to move from the current macro system to
> syntax-case macros (a superset of the R5RS macros).
>
>   http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/papers/syntactic.ps.gz
>
> Such macros are expanded at compilation time.
>
> They will not be objects.
>
> We already have an implementation of such a macro system in the module
> (ice-9 syncase).

Hmm, it seems the procedure syncase does everything what I want.
All I have to do is just to compile the output of syncase.  How nice.

So the rest of the major tasks about compiling is module support.
Is the new module system supporting syncase, too?  If so, all I need
to care is the top-level environment.  I suppose there is a version
already.  May I copy it for my VM?  I guess supporting the top-level
environments is quite easy - just to fix a few functions.  I've already
designed the VM so to use it.

(BTW, I prefer the name `name-space' to `environment', since it is
actually a name space and then used as a top-level environment.  Has
the name been decided yet?)