Re: compiling syntax and macro

[the new module system]
Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> So the rest of the major tasks about compiling is module support.

What do you need?

> Is the new module system supporting syncase, too?  If so, all I need

It only supports syntax-rules.  Supporting syntax case isn't a
problem.  The old define-macro etc. forms can't be supported.

> I guess supporting the top-level environments

If you mean Jim's "first class top-level environment" proposal, that
isn't supported either.  The object system (GOOPS) and a variant of
Tung's module system sits ontop of a FCE variant which I call "named
extents".

> May I copy it for my VM?

I am still in the design phase, no code has been written.

Jost