continuation and multi-threading (fwd)

oops; replied to wrong address....

----------Forwarded message ----------
From: "Joshua Rosen" <rozzin@jello.geekspace.com>
To: Miroslav Silovic <silovic@zesoi.fer.hr>
Subject: Re: continuation and multi-threading
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 13:01:08 GMT

Miroslav Silovic writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> > > If this works, I don't think I have to do anything special - just to
> > > implement a few additional VM instructions.  Why do I need to break
> > > the stack into frame objects?
> >
> > Don't ask me.  :)
>
> Because that way you can get continuations to perform -fast-. :)
> (i.e. on par with catch/throw &co)

Mm. Has anyone here looked at Christian Tismer's work on stackless Python?
He's decoupled the Python stack from the C stack, and implemented
`incredibly fast' continuations and coroutines with `mutated frames',
according to http://www.stackless.com/spcpaper.htm and
http://www.stackless.com/stackless.htm.