Re: flaming (Re: continuation and multi-threading)

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> Normally I am all for that dev. model but in this case I think that
> fast continuations should be requirement.  Without them I can see the
> day when app developers start to hack tagbody/go/catch/throw and all
> that to circumvent guile's slow continuations.

I think it is easier and more efficient to implement those operations
by writing a byte-compiler than by using continuations...

> So I think it would be okay to make the VM a little bit slower by
> breaking the stack into a chain of heap allocated frames.

Is there any problem with the double stacks I posted?
I still don't understand why heap allocated frames are so important..