Scheme control representations

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Michael Livshin <mlivshin@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > > "Implementation Strategies for Continuations" but wasn't able to find
> > > it --- ,
>
> ["Representing Control in the Presence of First-Class Continuations"]
> > Dybvig's paper is at:
> > <http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/papers/stack.ps>, in case somebody's
>
> Yeah, I know.

bah.  sorry, it looks like I'm getting senile.

> But I think their algorithm is far too complicated.

I thought so after the first read, but the second one revealed the
method itself to be surprisingly simple.  (it's the justifications and
over-detailed explanations that seem to be cluttering the perception.
looks like the method explanation itself couldn't stretch to the
acceptable volume, or something.  but I digress.).

in short, read it again and you'll see ;).

> Somehow I like Clinger's approach better.  Is that on the net, too?

dunno, I'd like to read that too.  (we are in deadline mode at work,
so the only hacking-related thing I have the power left for is reading
papers ;().

--
I am not a Church numeral!
I am a free variable!