Re: CPS transformation and partial evaluation

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 03:38:54PM +0200, Jost Boekemeier wrote:

> [translating foreign languages into scheme]
>
> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> >  We have wonderful tools such as partial evaluators and cps.  For
> > example, it's not necessary to use tagbody forms or continuations to
> > handle jumps.
>
> Yeah.  Do you have references to good papers that discuss partial
> evaluators?  All I've red about CPS is that although it is easy to do
> certain optimizations after CPS transformation it is possible and
> probably better to do the optimizations in the source language.
> [I think I've seen comments from Matthias Felleisen about it, but
> I can't remember when and where].

Maybe the following is of any help:

- http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/proglang/software/essence/

 (parser generator that uses partial evaluation techiques).

- http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/proglang/software/pgg/

 (program generator generator used to generate essence)

- Michael Sperber and Peter Thiemann.
  Generation of LR parsers by partial evaluation.
  ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, 1999.
  To appear.

- http://www.diku.dk/research-groups/topps/activities/PartialEvaluation.html
  (links to sites related to partial evaluation)

- http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~sestoft/pebook/pebook.html
  (download the book)