On #&optional, etc

Hi,

look was Kent Pitman has to say about &optional in Common Lisp.

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
> From: Kent M Pitman <pitman@world.std.com>
> Subject: Re: RFC: Lisp/Scheme with less parentheses through Python-like
           significant indentation?
> Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:54:56 GMT
>
> CL made a horrible error in having the &keywords at all, and Dylan copied the
> idea to #keyword over my offered objections at the appropriate design time.
>
> [...]
>
> In Lisp, for example, (defun foo (x :optional y) ...)
> would have been better than &optional, and would have cleared the namespace
> of an irritating hole that it now has, where some symbols are inelegantly
> dependent on their names.

This reminded me that Guile has in (ice-9 optargs) the special object
#&optional, etc, which are neither symbols nor keywords.  I want to
remove them and replace them with proper keywords like #:optional.
[I'll think about a tranbsition mechanism.]

Comments?