Re: Redistributing Guile contributions

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> I don't know if it is realistic or desirable, but how about "Guile on
> SourceForge"?  They have a patch manager, a bug tracking system, a CVS
> repository, anonymous ftp service, etc.

According to their Terms Of Service, if a patch is submitted via the
bug-tracking system or posted in a public SourceForge forum, the
submitter or poster grants

  "SourceForge the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive
  and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify,
  adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute,
  perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or
  to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology
  now known or later developed, all subject to the terms of any
  applicable Open Source Initiative-approved license."

I don't know how this interacts with copyright assignments to the
FSF.  In addition, the license of the Guile documentation is not
OSI-approved (it's not source code, so that's not a surprise), so some
kind of arrangement with SourceForge has to be made, according to
their Terms Of Service (but this shouldn't be a real problem).