Re: Support for unexec:ing in libguile (Re: Code compiling (marshalling?))

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> What about adding easy-to-use unexec support to libguile?

Hmm, the main objective I have about unexec is that it is not
`modular' in the sense that you can only unexec a complete program and
not a module.  IT would be possible to unexec the Guile standalone
interpreter, but it would not be possible to dump the Gtk+ bindings,
for example.

So, I like to look for another solution that is modular.  However,
providing unexec as well might be a good thing.  I just wouldn't
consider it to have solved the problem for real.

> Can we use your old unexec code?

Yes, probably.  It wasn't very involved.