Re: New Guile VM

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> MD> I think this is a good idea, but we should try to follow GCC:s
> MD> example here and do as much as possible of the work in a way that
> MD> we can support many architectures.
>
> Maybe CGEN could be used somehow?   http://sources.redhat.com/cgen

Talk about recursion!  (guile needs cgen to build and cgen needs guile
to run). This brought to mind something I was thinking about a few
months ago.  If Guile is going to be embedded in things like emacs and
gdb, and some of the build tools like autoconf and friends are going to
be rewritten to use guile instead of m4 or tcl; how are we going to
build guile?  Imagine using a gdb that uses guile as an extension
language.  Now use it to debug guile.

Just something to think about.

-Dale

--