Re: guile-vm-0.2

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> > I use the module (ice-9 syncase) for macro expansion.  This is very
> > convenient.  It seems ice-9/psyntax.ss doesn't include the definition
> > of `cond', although it has a definition of `case'.  Could I add it?
>
> I'd rather like to add that myself.
>
> The current psyntax.ss is specially tailored for cooperation with the
> current Guile evaluator.

This is actually a tricky issue.  If we want to be able to use
different evaluators, each with its own "core language" together with
the syntax case macros, we need to somehow tell the syntax case
package what the core language for the expansion in question is.

The question is how the API for this should look like.  Maybe we can
pass some kind of language definition object to the macro expander.