Re: pssyntax.ss and module system

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> I guess you know that already but this module system has the problem
> that it doesn't support separate compilation which is, as I understand
> it after reading their paper, a serious problem. See section 5.1.

Well, then you should read it again, because separate compilation is
one of the features which this module system is designed to support.
It's even mentioned explicitly in the abstract.

The design makes sure that all syntactic abstraction can be resolved
at compilation time.  The fact that you have to visit interfaces and
macro defintions is equivalent to C's header files with declarations
and preprocessor macro definitions.