Re: pssyntax.ss and module system

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> But the module in itself is an abstract interface.

Actually, this is true only in one respect.

Dybvig's modules, considered as interfaces, are generally not abstract
in the sense that they hide the implementation.

But it is possible to use Dybvig's modules this way.  We can create
new syntactic abstractions for creating abstract interfaces, hiding
implementation detail.

Actually, while Dybvig's system is very beautiful from a logical and
theoretical viewpoint, Guile's main purpose is to be a useful
environment for creating applications and systems of software.

Here, Dybvig's system doesn't provide everything we want.  So, we have
to think about those issues.  But I still think it's a nice base to
build on.