Re: Octave and Guile?

"John W. Eaton" writes ...
> I'm the primary author of GNU Octave, an interpreted language for
> numerical mathematics with a syntax similar to Matlab.
>
> Would there be any interest within the Guile community for some sort
> of merger of Octave and Guile?

This could be interesting.  One thing that I always though would be
nice in MATLAB is to be able to get the nth return argument of a
function.  With Guile one could use multiple-values to do this.

I work in a group of 30 engineers.  For most of them MATLAB is the
primary programming language.  Fortran and C come next.  Though I
might use Octave binding in Guile, I'm not sure anyone else in my
group would.

Matt